Connecting Learning to Life
During the Outdoor School Program, students visit the farm and learn all about food! They visit the pigs, brush the goats, feed the chickens, collect eggs, tend to the garden, and more. They learn about food waste, where their food comes from, and farming sustainability. This is an important topic that students love to engage with hands-on.
So, a partnership between the NVOSAS and a sustainable grocery company like SPUD.ca is a natural way to extend these lessons outside the classroom and support student bursaries. How? We’ve joined up with their Produce Box Program. Here’s the deal: all you have to do is buy a delicious organic produce box of your choice – it’ll even be delivered right to your door. We get to keep 25% of the box value to help fund bursaries so all kids have a chance to experience the Outdoor School Program.
How it works
- Create an account at SPUD.ca
- Choose the organic produce box(es) you want to order and add them to your cart. The boxes are listed on the SPUD Fundraising page under the Home tab (SPUD.ca/fundraising)
- At checkout, enter the promo code FUNDRAISING and select North Vancouver Outdoor School Alumni Society from the drop-down menu. Note: the FUNDRAISING promo code cannot be combined with any other promo codes on the same order.
- Complete your order. Your produce box(es) and any other groceries you buy will be delivered to your home or office
- 25% of the produce box money is donated to our Outdoor School Program for Kids Bursary fundraiser!